Thursday, September 17, 2009

There Is No Publix In France

Dear Mrs. Ross and Class:
Week #3

Hello Class.  Maddy here again.  Thank-you all so much for the comments and questions.  Read on and I will get to those in a minute.  First, this week's story:

Getting your food is VERY different in France than in Florida.  Very different.  People here shop for their food every day and not at big stores like Publix.  Every day we have a huge outside Marche (market) where thousands of people come to buy everything they need.  There is great fruit, vegetables, fish, meat and even over 1/2 mile of fresh flowers.  It is really neat.  Plus we buy our du pain (bread) every day too.  Did you know it is a law in France that every town has to have a bakery open every day?  The French love their fresh bread.  We also grow most of our own vegetables in our humongous jardin (garden).

The best part of the market is when it is over at about 1:00 pm every day.  Then the local firemen take giant hoses and wash everything away.  There is tons of garbage.  The worst part is the really stinky poissen (fish). After they are done, the market then turns into hundreds of restaurants for lunch and dinner. 

I hope you like the pictures.  Especially the pig and the smelly swordfish head.
More next week and thanks again for the GREAT questions and comments.

A bientot
-Maddy

Answers To Your Questions

Mrs. Herrera:  Thanks so much for reading my blog every week.  It means so much to me.  You are the Best!!

Katie:  I miss you so much too.

Bridgette and Lila:  Thanks so much for all your support.  I hope to see you in New York soon.  Miss u 2.

Sam:  I agree, French is so hard.  Keep trying though, you will get better just like me.  See you at Halloween!

Mrs. Ross and Class Answers from Blog #1:  Thank-you so much for the questions and comments.  It just makes me a bit sad as I miss you all so much.  Thanks again for making me smile.  Here are your answers:

1]  I love to pick the grapes because it is really fun.  The vines are so tall, just like soldiers in a row.
2]  Yes, I do eat the grapes while we pick them because they are awesome when they are fresh.
3]  We got our vineyard when my mom, dad, and I planted each vine when I was young in 2001.
4]  Yes, the grapes would turn to raisens if we did not pick them at just the right time.  Great question whoever asked!

Mrs. Ross and Class Answers from Blog #2:  The Big Wedding

1]  My dog Snoopy was the official at the wedding but he was not the best as he kept squirming to get away.
2]  There were no rings exchanged but they did exchange lettuce and carrots.  :-)
3]  Yes we had a beautiful cake.  It was a carrot cake with seeds and nuts on top.  It went very quick!
4]  No they did not rub noses but they did hop away very happily together.  They really love each other.

That's all for now.  Have a GREAT week.
-M

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Maddy and Family!
I'm sorry it has taken me this long to catch up! It looks like you are having loads of fun this year! The market pictures are terrific! Is it harder or easier to go to the market every day? I bet the bread is very good also! That is a very interesting law that France has! I look forward to reading more about your trip this year so keep on writing!
Mrs. Santello:O)

Mrs. Herrera said...

Hello again Maddy and Family! I continue to enjoy reading your blog. I love the pictures of the market. I would love to shop there. Just looking at the pictures made me hungry. I love reading about your adventures so please keep writing. =)

Gail Horwood said...

Maddy, we miss u sooooo much, we loved seeing u



lila and bridget

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddy I miss you a bunch how is it going i don't get it why can't u bring in your lunch i feel so bad hey when you come back to these school i bet it makes that school look like military school. How long does it take you to write each blog if no one wrote a comment I'm just wondering like r u fast or does it take a day. Who writes to u except the school?

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddy it's me Sarah I can't belive there is no publix u must be crying were do u get your stuff the only store our family shops at really is publix so how is it going. Hey r u still picking grapes still or no? I don't get it why r u forced to eat the schools food i don't get it. Do u? How did u get your own website like ow do u know what to type and what pictures to put on the website. Please keep writing on your blog it's so cool and I like to talk to people on the computer. i can't wait for u to come back everyone misses u. Plus I have a feeling we r going to be best friends. Well I will stop typing so u can get to others but i will comment later. Bye.

Anonymous said...

I wanna to decide some of questions in this area. Could u help me to do it?

Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.medcareforyou.com/product/brahmi/